I now I haven’t done much updating here in the last little while. But I’ve been busy. Sorry. I know I need to make time for this blog. So, I’ll throw out a few thoughts as they come into my head.
Thoughts from La Diva [and yes, Diva is the correct term :)]:
1. Daylight Savings Time
Despite the fact that my biological clock has no idea what that heck time it is right now (going from 2 hours ahead, to 2 hours behind, and now 1 hour ahead in the past week), I like DST. The winter mornings aren’t so foreboding as the sun’s up an hour earlier, and in the spring and summer you get an extra hour of sunlight. The sun sets at 8:30 now – and it’s April! I know that it’s a huge issue in SK, and I wish the government would have gone ahead and tried it out for a year. It’s a GOOD THING people! No more 8:30 classes IN THE DARK! The rest of the world “springs” forward, people. Get with the program!!!!
2. The Pope
I am nowhere near Catholic, so my thoughts on this subject are irrelevant. But as per usual, I’ll give my view. I had no problems with the guy. He seemed nice. He seemed to do a lot of good things. But for a “secular” media and society, we’re getting a lot of PopeVision right now. I’m not trying to be crude – that’s Jon Stewart’s job. Obviously he meant a lot to a lot of people, and the Catholic church is the largest Protestant denomination in the world. But the Pope isn’t just a worker for God – apparently he’s a celebrity. I’m interested to see where the next Pope takes the Catholic church. Gay marriage, anyone?
3. With the Vancouver Giants losing the other night to Kelowna, they’re out of the playoffs, and I’m out of seeing a hockey game. I haven’t been to a single one this year. Saturday’s game was sold out, and before that I was in SK. I was really hoping they’d make the second round. Then I could have seen them play.
4. I love the CBC. I love “Monday Report” with Rick Mercer, I love “The Hour” with George Strompaoiupwrq;wkr – however the heck you spell his name. I love HNIC. But their curling coverage sucks. Sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks. I haven’t watched one draw this season because THEY”RE NO EVENING DRAWS!!!! I knew we’d be screwed when the Canadian Curling Association didn’t renew their contract with TSN (Vic Rauter is as annoying as anything, but having curling all day, everyday for a week straight is fantastic). I want more curling!!!!
5. I didn’t realize that last week’s episode of “Corner Gas” was the season finale. That sucks. No more new “Corner Gas” until October. Crap. I’ll just have to watch my Season 1 DVD, and wait for the Season 2 DVD because I missed the second episode from this season.
6. The Junos
I hate Ben Mulroney. Hate him, hate him, hate him, hate him. What was with the ETalk photo booth? Are we MTV? I don’t think so. Having a red carpet in Winnipeg? Oy. Somebody tell Theresa Sokyrka to dress up next time – and when are her 15 minutes of fame up in SK? Across the rest of the country she was out 10 minutes ago (I like her, but she’s got to put out an album one of these days if she’s going to keep things going…).
7. I have got to stop watching Desperate Housewives. It’s not safe for human consumption. Ditto for ETalk and Access Hollywood (darn you CTV for putting them in prime time!!!!).
8. My recital is going to suck.
9. Stupid photocopiers. I went to go photocopy the 350+ score, and the stupid thing missed pages everywhere. Grrrr…
10. I LOVE the quilt my Mom made me. I cuddle up in it all the time. She’s so crafty!
11. Today’s my Auntie Jennifer’s birthday. Happy Birthday Auntie Jennifer!
12. Um, I don’t have any other thoughts, but I don’t like odd numbers, so I had to put a twelve in (But multiples of 5 are okay. It’s true. I’m slightly OCD).
All right, then. Those are some valuable thoughts up there. Back to memorizing French. Wish me luck!