More like, “Essays Will Keep You Up All Night.”
I’ve reverted back to my old ways of only starting essays the day before! Hopefully it’s only this once. But I’m on page 13 of 14 of my POLS 405 essay, so I’m celebrating (read: procrastinating) by doing one these survey thingies that I haven’t done in awhile. Plus, I’m listening to my favourite piano concerto of all time: the Rach Two (aka Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2).
What could be better? Wait. I’d better not answer that…
69 Questions to Start the Winter
1. Are you in a relationship? No, sigh… Did this question HAVE to be #1?
2. Do you hate more than 3 people? Ha! That’s a joke, right? As my sister says, “You hate everybody.” But hate is such a strong word. There are very few people I hate, but I do dislike a lot of people, particularly some guy named “happybob” on saskvotes.com who said I was vacuous for no apparent reason.
3. How many houses have you lived in? My house on the farm, Luther residence, Heather’s condo in Vancouver, plus my current basement suite equals four.
4. What is your favorite candy bar? Skor. Even better as a blizzard…
5. What are your favorite shoes? No shoes. I’d love to go everywhere in my bare feet. But I guess I’d have to say flip flops or slippers.
6. Have you ever tripped someone? Oh, probably.
9. Do you own a Britney Spears CD? No.
10. Have you ever thrown up in public? I don’t think so. I might have come close when I was 5 and was choking on a Lifesaver in the basement of Friesen’s Department Store in Rosthern. I wonder why my memory of that is so vivid…
11. Name something that’s always on your mind. “I really need to get out more.”
12. What is your favorite music genre? Don’t have one. I’m a gal who has eclectic taste.
13. What is your sign? Libra.
14. What time were you born? Around 5:15 am. Yes, I was a pain in the ass from the beginning. I’m sure I cried for hours because it was too damn early in the morning for me.
15. Do you like beer? Never tasted the stuff. Seriously. But the smell is enough for me to dislike it.
16. Have you ever made a prank call? Of course.
17. What the most embarrassing CD you own? A Vince Gill CD from the early 1990s.
18. Are you sarcastic? No, never!
19. What are your favorite colors? Right now, everything I wear seems to have some bit of purple on it. But I love green, blue, red, white and black.
20. How many watches do you own? One. I’d better not lose it.
21. Summer or winter? Summer, if only for the fact that the driving conditions are good. I’m not a fan of the heat.
22. Spring or fall? Fall. The crispness of the air, the colored leaves, school starting, my birthday…
23. What is your favorite color to wear? Whatever feel like on a particular day.
24. Pepsi or Sprite? Yuck. Pop is too fizzy.
25. What color is your cell phone? White.
26. Where is your second home? Walmart. Wow, that’s awful, and sadly true.
27. Have you ever slapped someone? Yes. I hit people on a daily basis.
28. Have you ever had a cavity? Two I believe.
29. How many lamps are in your bedroom? One.
30. How many video games do you own? Do computer games count? I have 10 Sims games. That’s sad…
31. What was your first pet? Our dog, Barkley, named after Barkley on Sesame Street. Except that Barkley was actually a girl. My family always gave our pets names of the opposite gender. We aren’t good guessers.
32. Have you ever had braces? No.
33. Do looks matter? Yes. But not in the sense of beauty. I think you should look put together, not sloppy.
34. Do you use lipstick? Rarely.
35. Name 3 teachers from your highschool. Pat, Bernie, Bev.
36. American Eagle or Abercrombie? American Eagle.
37. Are you too forgiving? Um, yes and no. I let people get away with far too much, but then I hold a grudge against them forever.
38. How many children do you want? Four.
39. Do you own something from Hot Topic? What’s that?
40. What is your favorite breakfast? Right now, cereal.
41. Do you own a gun? Um, no.
42. Have you ever thought you were in love? Yes.
43. When was the last time you cried? Don’t know. That’s good, right?
44. What did you do 3 nights ago? That would be Thursday night. Melanie came over after work and we ate ice cream and chatted.
45. When was the last time you went to Olive Garden? Oooh. A year ago this past August. I miss it…
46. Have you ever called your teacher mom? Well, I referred to one of my professors in Regina as my ‘second mom.’
47. Have you ever been in a castle? Yes. Cinderella’s castle in Disneyland.
48. What are your nicknames? Niki, Nicola, Nicholas
50. Have you ever been to Kentucky? No.51. Do you own something from Banana Republic? Why yes I do.
52. Are you thinking about somebody right now? Me and that I should get back to my essay.
53. Have you ever called someone Boo? I don’t think so.
54. Do you smoke? Never have. Never will.5
5. Do you own a diamond ring? No. But I have one that looks quite real.
56. Are you happy with your life right now. Yes, aside from the fact that I’m so behind from my schoolwork, I never have time to go anywhere and work sucks.
57. Do you dye your hair? Yes. It’s definitely time to do it again.
58. Does anyone like you? I really hope so.
59. Do you like someone? Yes. I like lots of people.
60. What were you doing May of 1994? Wow. I would have been in Grade 6. I have absolutely no idea what I would have been doing.
61. Do you own a Backstreet Boys CD? Yes. I downloaded their new one last week. Don’t judge me! It’s nostalgic.
62. McDonald’s or Wendy’s? McDonald’s. Nothing beats their french fries.
64. Are you closer to your mother or father? Mom, though Dad’s getting up there. 🙂
65. Favorite feature of the opposite sex? Eyes, smile, sense of humour.
66. Are you afraid of the dark? Yes.
67. Have you ever eaten paste? Who knows.
68. Do you have a webcam? No.
69. Have you ever done drugs? No.
Listening to and love:
Lang Lang – Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2
Pride and Prejudice soundtrack
The Wreckers – Stand Still, Look Pretty
Sarah Harmer – I’m a Mountain
Kate Walsh – Clocktower Park
Backstreet Boys – Unbreakable