When I worked at the Legislature, one of my colleagues turned 30. So, in celebration, she made a list of 30 goals to accomplish within the next decade, wrote them on bright yellow bristol board and posted them in her office. I did the same this past October, but so far I only have 25. Here are a few…
1. Go to Australia (see a pattern?)
2. Buy a car made this century/decade. My last car was a 1992 Chevy Cavalier.
3. Master my passagio. That’s the break in your voice when you move from your middle register into your higher register. Mine was always problematic, and I’d love to finally figure it out.
4. Play the stockmarket. Why? Well, why not?
5. Make a quilt.
6. Run a 5K. I hate running, but I’d like to be able to do this at least once.
7. Put on a concert of Broadway and show tunes songs.
8. Go to Africa.
9. Take a hot vacation in the winter.
10. Write a romance novel and submit it to Harlequin.
11. Run for office for some sort of position.
12. Get Rider season tickets.
13. Get a PhD. In what? I don’t know.
14. Get a dog.
15. Read the entire Bible.
16. Take a landscape painting class.
17. See Kelly Clarkson in concert.
18. Start an RRSP.
19. Learn to play the guitar.